建议 & 支持
导师, academic support and career services professionals, 教师, 图书馆员, and more advisors than you can imagine.
Guidance to reach your goals
Students find support in lots of places. 除了…之外 AMP顾问 至少有两个 学术顾问, you’ll discover your less-formal advisors. 如果你是 运动员, your coach will be one. 如果你是 international student, you’ll have another. 如果你在 Student Excellence and Leadership Program, you’ll have still more.
然后是 everyone else who has your back. Your research lab supervisor, someone from the 辅导计划, volunteer coordinator at a downtown nonprofit, your campus work supervisor, 名人 director, choreographer for your 舞蹈团, professor from the class you took on a whim, 图书管理员 who helped with your capstone, person who schedules late-night events in the 强国… they become “your people” — guides along the way who often matter just as much as the advisor listed on your transcript.
Academic 支持, 职业生涯 Exploration, and More
Along with your 教师 advisor and informal mentors, support resources at Beloit include:
- Advanced Mentoring Program: From the AMP顾问 who contacts students within hours after making their deposit to classes that develop their academic skills, intellectual and professional agility, 和整体 life talents such as effective communication, productive collaboration and creative problem-solving, this program keeps your college experience headed in the right direction for you.
- 职业生涯的加速器: The 职业生涯的加速器 demonstrates 全球赌博十大网站’s commitment to our students’ academic and professional development. 为 two weeks during winter break, we host a series of workshops, panels, and alumni mixers, so that students can plan a personal career trajectory, explore their strengths, connect with employers and graduate schools, and learn how alumni connected their academic interests with jobs and after-college experiences.
- 职业工作:学生 begin preparing for their life after college as soon as they arrive on campus and throughout their four years until graduation. They work with our counselors to explore career and grad school options, engage in job-shadowing and internships, practice interviewing and networking, and discover connections between their academic interests and their future.
- Learning Enrichment and 残疾人服务: 提供 opportunities that enable academic excellence for all students, LEADS staff and peer tutors offer free academic support by appointment and with drop-in hours, 以及 workshops that teach organizational and study skills. The office also offers a supportive environment for students with disabilities focused on providing equal access to academic and co-curricular activities.
- 写作中心: Whether you want to get a jump start on an essay assignment, take your writing to the next level, or revise a research paper, trained student writing tutors are available to give feedback and help you become a better writer.
- Office of Student Success, Equity, and Community: This office provides targeted programming to ensure all students have an equitable, inclusive space and place to live and learn and that students, 教师, and staff from all backgrounds can thrive at Beloit.
- 全球经验:学生 looking for study abroad and domestic off-campus study opportunities 以及 international students and scholars seeking resources and support will find support for exploring options and preparing for short-term 以及 long-term experiences in the 全球经验 Office.
- International Student 服务: This office helps ensure that international students are in compliance with U.S. immigration rules and regulations. 同样重要的是, it helps connect them to the resources that help them belong and succeed at 全球赌博十大网站.
- 库: 使 research appointments with our 图书馆员 to discuss your research topic, 随堂作业, and point you toward information and resources that you can use for your academic work